Summer salad with mint and three veggies is a lively, easy and super quick side dish for lunch or dinner full of color and freshness! A mix of cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions together with the simple sauce with olive oil and fresh mint. It is a vegetarian side dish but also an ideal condiment or appetizer for hot summer days. Few ingredients full of bold flavour. I recommend pairing this salad with fish or white meat. Try using them to garnish burgers, tacos or wraps. Also they are excellent as a single portion appetizer on top of crunchy chips or spiced crackers.
Fresh summer salad with mint and veggies
- 2 large tomatoes ripe but not too soft (I used beef heart tomato)
- 1 big cucumber
- 1 medium red onion
- 8-10 leaves fresh mint
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp brown sugar
Instructions fresh summer salad with mint and veggies
- The secret of this salad is to cut the veggies into small dice. Vegetables cut this way mix their flavors quickly while maintaining their freshness and crunchiness.
- Cut the three vegetables into small cubes about half a centimeter large and place them in a salad bowl.
- Add chopped mint leaves and salt to taste. Mix the extra virgin olive oil with the lemon juice and some brown or white sugar. Pour the sauce over the prepared vegetables and mix thoroughly.
- Place your fresh salad in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to let the flavors blend. Taste and adjust with more salt or lemon juice and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.