Zucchini rolls with smoked salmon and cream cheese is a cold appetizer that is not only super easy but also quick to prepare, fresh and light. You can make them in no time and serve together with a cheese platter, bread sticks and other tasty finger food. The combination of spreadable cheese together with smoked salmon is a real classic while the thinly sliced zucchini and the green part of spring onion add freshness and crunchiness. The addition of pink peppercorns adds a fragrant and spicy note but if you don’t like this type of flavor you can add chili flakes or simply some freshly ground pepper.
Zucchini rolls with smoked salmon
- 1-2 zucchini
- 120 g smoked salmon
- 100 g spreadeable cream cheese or goat cheese
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- green part of sping onion
- pink peppercorns or chili flakes or ground pepper to taste (optional)
Instruction zucchini rolls with smoked salmon
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese or goat cheese with lemon juice and olive oil. Add some freshly ground pepper to taste and mix again.
- Take some medium sized fresh zucchini. Wash and dry them and then remove the ends. Now with a potato peeler, a mandolin or a very sharp knife, cut many very thin, light and intact slices.
- Spread the prepared cheese on each zucchini strip.
- Add some thin slices of smoked salmon and a few pieces of the green part of spring onion. Gently wrap the cream with the raw zucchini creating small rolls. Garnish with pink peppercorns, chili flakes or freshly ground pepper and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.