Raw vegetables and chickpea hummus platter is a crunchy and fresh vegetarian appetizer (or side dish). The combination of chickpea spread and radishes, cucumbers and tomatoes is simply delicious and can be the centerpiece during an appetizer with friends or relatives. This board is easily customized by using seasonal vegetables along with preserves like sun-dried tomatoes or olives. It’s a nice rich, varied and delicious veggie board but above all it is super simple and quick to prepare.
Vegetables and hummus platter
- 2 cans of chickpeas (can weight 400 g)
- ½ lemon (only the juice)
- 1 small garlic clove (optional)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 medium cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- baby spinach or baby lettuce leaves
- spring onion
- extravirgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- crackers or bread sticks or bruschetta
Instructions Vegetables and hummus platter
- In a blender, combine drained chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and a few tablespoons of water. Blend everything until it becomes a spreadable cream, adjusting with the water, always adding a couple of tablespoons while blending. Taste and adjust with more lemon juice or tahini.
- Spread all the prepared hummus on a clean cutting board.
- Start decorating the chopping board with crackers and some spinach leaves.
- Add diced cherry tomatoes, radishes and cucumber. Also add a few pieces of chopped onion and a handful of coarsely chopped almonds.
- Decorate with other pieces of baby spinach and finally add a squeeze of lemon, salt and raw olive oil. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.