These delicious poppy seeds cubecakes are a real temptation. Delicate lemon and poppy seeds cake baked in a fun cube silicone mould makes them a perfect, sweet, finger food for many occasions. They are decorated with a very simple blood oranges cream and mixed berries. Yum!
Lemon and poppy seeds cubecakes with blood orange cream
Lemon and poppy seed cupcakes
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp baking soda
- 90 g white sugar
- 1.5 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 lemons only the zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 medium egg
- 120 g butter
- 125 g milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolks
- 50 g white sugar
- 75 ml fresh blood orange juice
- 0.5 lemon only the juice
- 15 g corn starch
- mixed berries for garnish
Instructions: Lemon and poppy seeds cubecakes with blood orange cream
- For this recipe I used cube moulds made by Silikomart. With this recipe you can made 15 cubecakes or about 8 regular cupcakes.
- Melt the butter and let it cool down. Meanwhile, whisk milk with lemon juice and set aside for 10 minutes to make it curdle.
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add sugar, poppy seeds, a pinch of salt and lemon zest and stir.
- Add milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract. Stir until the batter becomes smooth.
- Fill the silicone mould up to 3/4 height. If you use the cupcake pan, fill it with paper liners and fill them up to 3/4 in height.
- Bake in the preheated static oven at 175 °C and for 20 minutes (about 25 in case of regular cupcakes). Remove from the oven and turn them upside down and gently press down to make lower the dome that has formed. After a few minutes remove your cubecakes from the mould and let them cool down completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream. In a small saucepan put yolk, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly or blend with the immersion blender to remove the lumps of cornstarch. Turn on the heat and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the cream thickens and becomes shiny. Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Garnish the cubecakes with prepared cream, raspberries and blueberries and serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love lemon treats and cupcakes I think you will also like my Lemon cupcakes with mascarpone and blackberry cream.