White bean hummus is an alternative to a classic chickpea hummus. It is slightly more delicate and creamy and is no less delicious than the traditional one. Rich in vegetable protein and healthy. Perfect with bruschetta, pita bread or crackers. On Foodohfood you can find an excellent recipe for homemade cheese crackers.
White bean hummus
- 1 can cannellini beans
- tahini sesame paste to taste (I used 2 tsp)
- 0.5 lemon only the juice
- water I used 2 tbsp
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- sweet or smoked paprika for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
Instructions white bean hummus
- Place previously drained beans, tahini, lemon juice, water, a garlic clove and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and blend until the mixture becomes a thick creamy spread.
- For an extra smooth hummus pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Transfer into a bowl, add few teaspoons of olive oil and some paprika and sesame seeds for garnish. Hummus becomes even more tastier after a few hours when the flavors have blended. If necessary add more salt and pepper and serve.
lot of love. B.