This summer zucchini soup with beet greens is delicate and nutritious. Fresh ginger and coriander seeds add a delicious and fragrant note. Coconut milk adds delicate, velvety flavor that goes perfectly with summer vegetables such as zucchini. Light and healthy, rich and delicious soup.
Beet greens and zucchini soup with coconut milk
- 1 piece fresh ginger 5 cm long
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 750 g zucchini
- 600 g beet greens
- 1.5 liter vegetable stock
- 500 g potato
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 200 ml coconut milk me 75%
- fresh coriander leaves for garnish
Instructions: Beet greens and zucchini soup with coconut milk
- Wash and pat dry your vegetables. Peel garlic, ginger and potatoes. Divide beet greens into leaves and stems.
- In a pot heat up coconut oil. Add finely chopped ginger and after 1 minute add minced garlic and coriander seeds (if you do not like the strong flavor of whole coriander seeds I suggest you use coriander powder or crush your coriander in mortar). Cook over medium heat (don’t burn your garlic) for a couple of minutes.
- Add finelly chopped beet green stalks and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add zucchini grated on a grater with large holes and a liter and a half of vegetable stock.
- Then add coarsely choped beet leaves. Bring to boil and add diced potatoes. Cook for about 20 minutes or until your potatoes become soft. While cooking taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat. Let the soup cool down for 5 minutes then stir in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Finally add coconut milk and stir again.
- Serve immediately garnished with a few leaves of fresh coriander.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love international cuisine and would like to try another recipe with beet greens check my Botwinka – Polish beet greens soup. (foto below)