Many of you have asked me for a recipe for a simple cake that is baked in a silicone mold and so I decided to create this delicious pound cake. The recipe is very easy and requires very few steps. The cake is soft and flavourful thanks to the addition of marmalade, yogurt and vanilla in the dough. I used orange marmalade but you can use any type of marmalade or yogurt of your preference. Also in the dough you can add chocolate chips or simply decorate it with powdered sugar. It is a perfect cake for a sweet breakfast or for a afternoon snack. For this recipe I used the “Corallo” silicone mold produced by Silikomart.
Easy silicone mold pound cake recipe
- 120 g soft butter
- 120 g marmalade I used orange marmalade
- 40 g white sugar
- 60 g yogurt I uded peach yogurt
- 4 yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 160 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g potato or corn starch
- 4 g baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 60 g white sugar
Instructions silicone mold pound cake recipe – the dough
- For this recipe all the ingredients must be at room temperature so in addition to the soft butter also the eggs, jam and yogurt.
- In a bowl beat the butter with 40 g of granulated sugar and the orange marmalade until it becomes light.
- Divide the eggs and place the egg whites aside. Meanwhile, add the egg yolks, yogurt and vanilla extract to the butter mixture. Whip using the mixer for a couple of minutes.
- Now add sifted flour, the potato (or corn) starch and baking powder. Stir briefly just to mix the ingredients.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff while gradually adding 60 g of white sugar. Gently and gradually fold in the egg whites into the dough. Use a spoon and make slow movements from the bottom to the top of the bowl.
Silicone molds – baking method
- I need to make a premise and make you aware that you should only buy good quality silicone pans that don’t affect in any matter the taste or smell of the baked goods.
- If you use the good quality silicone mold for most baked cakes and treats there is no need to grease the mould and dust it with flour. Just wait for the cake to become completely cold and you shouldn’t have any problems extracting the cake without ruining the elaborate patterns. It happened to me twice when I used particularly moist or sticky dough that despite the quality of the mold the dough had decided to stick to the walls of the mold. From that moment, regardless, I brush the silicone mold with some melted butter to avoid any unpleasant surprise.
Note from the author of this recipe
- While you are preparing your cake I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Preparation of vanilla pound cake – the baking
- Pour the dough into the silicone pan. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for about 50 minutes. Bake until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake is clean. If the cake turns golden too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing the cake from the mold and dividing into portions.
Decorate as desired with chocolate glaze or simply with powdered sugar. This soft pound cake should be stored at room temperature in a closed container or wrapped well in a cotton cloth. It should stay fresh for 3 days but I assure you it doesn’t last that long.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you liked this idea for a cake baked in the silicone mould I also recommend my Perfect banana bundt cake with tahini glaze (photo below).