Broccoli and cheese bread
This broccoli and cheese bread is easy and quick to prepare. It’a flavourful savory “cake” flavored with pecorino and smoked cheese that goes well with the delicate taste of broccoli. Excellent for dinner or lunch. Can be eaten either hot or cold.
Broccoli and cheese quick bread recipe.
- 500 g broccoli
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g grated pecorino cheese
- 100 g smoked cheese (I used scamorza)
- 16 g baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 50 ml milk
- 80 ml olive oil
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions: Broccoli and cheese bread
Cook the broccoli until they become tender. Drain and set aside until they are lukewarm.
In a bowl mix the eggs with oil and milk and set aside.
In a second large bowl put the flour, grated cheese, smoked scamorza cheese (cut into small cubes), instant yeast, a pinch of salt and pepper. Chop the broccoli and add them to the flour. Mix everything until broccoli is well covered with flour.
Pour the liquid mix into the bowl with the flour and broccoli and stir briefly until all the ingredients are incorporated. The batter should be fairly thick. Pour the batter into the baking pan lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with more cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for 40 – 45 minutes.
Once ready take out from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing savory recipe check my Zucchini and corn slice (photo below).