If you still have not decided what kind of cake to prepare for Christmas and the holidays are just around the corner, this fudgy Christmas brownie is the ideal solution for you. Easy and quick to prepare it surprises with the rich flavor of chocolate mixed with cinnamon and the scent of lemon zest.
Christmas brownie with cinnamon and lemon zest
- 170 g dark chocolate
- 110 g butter
- 300 g white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 32 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 lemon only the zest
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon + more for dusting
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 g all-purpose flour
Instructions: Christmas brownie with cinnamon and lemon zest
- Boil some water in a pot. Place a glass bowl over the pot (the bowl should not touch the water surface). Place the chocolate and the butter cut into pieces into a bowl and let it melt.
- Pick up the bowl and wipe the water that has created under. Add the sugar and stir with a hand whisk.
- Add the eggs, one by one, each time stirring with a whisk until they are incorporated.
- At this point add the cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, lemon zest and cinnamon. Mix well with a hand whisk.
- Add the flour and gently incorporate it into the mixture. Don’t overwork the batter. Line a square baking pan with baking paper, pour the mixture and sprinkle with more cinnamon.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 °C for 35 – 40 minutes. Take out and let it cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another easy chocolate cake you should try my Soft, no-bake, cookie chocolate cake