Easy recipe for orange butter cookies with no eggs added. Very aromatic with a distinct orange scent. Perfect with a cup of hot tea during cold months.
Instead if you are looking for a cookie that is on a softer side try my Soft lemon and ginger cookies.
Orange butter cookies
- 128 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g soft butter
- 32 g powdered sugar
- 1 orange only the zest
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
Instructions: Orange flavored cookies
- In a bowl beat butter, sugar and salt until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add sifted flour, orange zest and spices and whisk.
- Place the dough on a sheet of plastic wrap and helping yourself with the wrap, create a roll with diameter about 3 – 4 cm. Wrap it tightly and place in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Take the dough from the freezer, remove the wrap and with a sharp knife cut the dough into 1 cm wide cookies.
- Place them on the baking tray covered with baking paper. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 °C for 12 – 15 minutes.
lot of love. B.