Easy chickpea curry with peanuts and coconut milk
Rich, intense, easy chickpea curry with a distinct peanut flavor that makes it fragrant and inviting. Comforting gluten free and vegan meal.
Easy chickpea curry with peanuts and coconut milk. Easy vegetarian curry recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 80 g peanuts (shell off)
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 can chickpeas or previously cooked dried chickpeas
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 230 g canned diced tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili pepper to taste
- 125 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp (or more) lemon juice
- 1 handful baby spinach (optional) or some chopped spring onion
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions: Easy chickpea curry with peanuts and coconut milk
Peel the peanuts and toast them for a few minutes on a pan together with the cumin and coriander seeds. Put them into a blender and blend. Set aside.
In a large pan heat olive oil. Combine finely chopped ginger and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes to make them fragrant. Add turmeric and ground peanuts and mix.
Add sliced carrots and previously drained chickpeas. Then add vegetable stock and tomatoes. Mix and cook on medium – low heat for about 20 minutes stirring often. While the curry is thickening, taste and adjust with salt, pepper and chili powder. After 20 minutes if your curry is thick enough add the coconut milk and cook another 5 minutes on low heat.
Combine lemon juice and a handful of baby spinach, taste and adjust with salt and pepper if neecessary. Serve hot with rice or with Whole wheat homemade Naan bread.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this kind of fragrant dishes can I suggest this amazing recipe for: Spiced Maroccan stew with chickpeas and lentils.