This recipe for pasta salad with chickpeas is quick and easy to prepare. A mixture of spelt pasta together with chickpeas, green olives, celery stalk and lemon zest creates fresh, light and nutritious dish. Perfect meal for first hot days of summer.
Spelt pasta salad with chickpeas and green olives
- 180 g spelt pasta I used pasta made by Bartolini
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 celery stalk
- 40 g green olives
- 1 small handful parsley leaves
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chives or spring onions green parts
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 0.5 lemon only the zest
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions: Spelt pasta salad with chickpeas and green olives
- For this recipe I used giant spelt fusilli made by Bartolini.
- Cook your pasta following the instructions on the box, drain, add a drop of olive oil, stir and let it cool down.
- Combine previously drained chickpeas, chopped celery stalk, sliced green olives, chopped parsley leaves and chives or spring onion (green parts only).
- Mix olive oil with apple cider vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper. Add prepared mix and pasta into the olives and stir, then add tlemon zest and stir again.
- Leave your spelt pasta salad in the refrigerator for half an hour to let the flavours blend then serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for more easy pasta recipes you should check my pasta section.
*This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Bartolini – an Italian company that produces high quality food products: extra virgin olive oil, pasta, legumes and cereals, polenta and flour.