To those who love umami flavour this red lentil and champignon mushroom pate is a perfect dish. Try it with crispy bruschetta, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt followed by a glass of red wine. Super easy and quick vegan spread for a delicious appetizer or snack. The recipe has been modified from chow’s red lentil patè.
Red lentil and mushroom pate
- 150 g dried red lentils
- 330 g champignon mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 cup white wine
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch or more of salt
Instructions: Red lentil and mushroom pate
- Boil about half a liter of lightly salted water, add the red lentils (no need to soak them for the night) and cook over medium-low heat, following the instructions on the box. Drain them and put aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in the pan. Add finely chopped garlic, onion cut into strips and the previously cleaned and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring not too often, until the mushrooms get soft and lightly brown, approximately 6 – 7 minutes. Add the oregano, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the wine, stir and cook over medium high heat for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool down. Add lentils and vinegar. Adjust with salt and stir.
- Blend the mixture with a hand blander or a stand mixer until it is creamy and spreadable. Adjust with more salt if necessary.
Serve cold with crunchy bruschetta with a drizzle of olive oil.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another recipe with red lentils check my Creamy red lentil curry with coconut milk. (foto below)