Garlic and Parmesan popovers
These puffy and flavorful Parmesan popovers are a great way to please your guests. The version I present to you are popovers with Italian Parmesan cheese and garlic. Great for dinner parties or as an appetizer. Although the original recipe requires a popover pan, with this recipe you can use a simple muffin pan.
Hope you enjoy this recipe. It’s:
- fragrant and delicious
Garlic and parmesan popovers
Garlic and parmesan popovers. Crowd pleasing warm vegetarian appetizer.
- 180 ml milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g melted butter
- 0.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions garlic and Parmesan popovers
- Pour milk into a bowl. Add crushed garlic, salt and pepper and an egg. Mix everything well with a whisk.
- Add the sifted flour and whisk several times until it is incorporated.
- Add melted butter, grated cheese and chopped parsley.
- Mix well and pour into a container with a spout to make it easier to transfer the batter into the pan.
- For this recipe I used a muffin pan which I have brushed generously with olive oil. Preheat oven to 230 ° C. Place empty pan in hot oven for 5 minutes.
- As soon as the pan is preheated pour the mixture into muffin wells (about 3/4 in hight) leaving spaces between each popover. Do not pour too much batter or the popovers will pour out of the tray.
- Bake 15 minutes at 230 °C. After 15 minutes lower the temperature to 180 °C and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Take the tray out from the oven. With a sharp knife make small hole in each popover to remove hot air. Take them out from the tray and serve immediately.
The nutritional values are generated automatically for indicative purposes only and are therefore not completely accurate.
Serving: 6portionsCalories: 621kcal
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking dor another fun and different appetizer try my Baked polenta and cheese chips.