The milk and chocolate rolls are small, sweet, fragrant and very soft. They are perfect for breakfast or for a snack. They are delicious filled with chocolate and hazelnut cream, simply with soft butter or with different types of fruit jams. They are also made with a few ingredients and have a strong smell of milk and chocolate. They fill the house with an irresistible fragrance. Absolutely a must try.
Fluffy chocolate and milk rolls
- 270 g bread flour or strong all-purpose flour
- 30 g dark cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 ml warm milk
- 50 g white sugar
- 4 g active-dry yeast
- 30 g soft butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Instructions fluffy chocolate and milk rolls – the dough
- In a bowl mix well flour with the cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or cup, mix slightly warm milk with sugar. Add active dry yeast and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Add the milk with the yeast to the flour and start mixing. When there are no visible traces of flour and the dough begins to take a shape, add soft butter.
- Knead the dough by hand or in a mixer with a bread hook for at least 10 minutes. I warn you that the dough is rather hydrated and sticky. Arm yourself with a little patience and continue to knead the dough for the indicated time until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to the bowl lightly greased with butter, cover the bowl with a saucepan lid or plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place until the dough doubles in volume. Mine took 2 hours with the temperature of 22 ° C in the house.
- The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Forming and baking
- Deflate the dough, transfer it to a flat surface covered with some flour and divide into 16 equal parts. I used about 35 grams for each piece. Create balls of dough between the palms of your hands and place them in a rectangular baking pan (mine 20 × 30 cm) covered with baking paper. Leave a little space between the rolls.
- Cover with a cotton cloth and let it rise for another hour.
- Before baking your cocoa rolls, dust them with some flour or spread with some milk. Bake in a preheated static oven at 220 ° C for 20-25 minutes. Once ready take them out of the oven and let them cool completely before serving.
Store covered at room temperature to keep their freshness.
lot of love. B.