Chocolate porridge is a healthy, creamy and dense alternative of the classic English sweet oatmeal. This sweet breakfast has a thick and rich texture and with the addition of dark chocolate it almost looks like a dessert. Top it with dried fruit and nuts for extra crunch, another chunk of dark chocolate for extra sweetness, and a teaspoon of peanut butter for extra goodness and nutrition.
Creamy and dense chocolate porridge
- 50 g rolled oats
- 220-250 ml regular or vegan milk
- 30 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp peanut butter (optional)
- dried fruit or nuts to taste (optional)
- dark chocolate pieces (optional)
Instructions Creamy and dense chocolate porridge
- Pour the oatmeal into a small saucepan and cover with the type of milk you prefer. You can use cow's or goat's milk, lactose-free milk or vegetable drinks.Add the dark chocolate and light the flame. Cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Cooking times depend on the brand of rolled oats. Cook slowly adding more milk every time the porridge gets too thick. As soon as the porridge becomes creamy, turn off the flame and pour it into a bowl.
- Decorate with more chocolate, peanut butter, dried fruit and hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.