Today’s recipe is for an amazing apple and chocolate pound cake. It’s a super quick and easy cake to prepare. It remains delicious even few days after bakinf thanks to the addition of many pieces of apples that make it sweet and moist. There is nothing better for the weekend than a piece of chocolate apple cake and a steamy cup of coffee or tea.
For this recipe I used gianduia chocolate that I combined with the crunchy and delicious toasted hazelnut coating. If you are not a great lover of gianduia chocolate you can use the dark or even the milk one and cover your pound cake with almonds, chocolate chips, toasted nuts or simply, at the end of the baking, with powdered sugar.
Apple and chocolate pound cake
- 100 g of butter
- 100 g of gianduia chocolate (or dark chocolate)
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 120 g of white sugar
- 100 g of plain yogurt at room temperature
- 250 g of all-purpose flour
- 10 g of baking powder (about 2 tsp)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 g apples (weight of peeled and cored apples)
- toasted hazelnuts or almonds or walnuts
Instructions apple and chocolate pound cake
- Melt the chocolate with the butter over water bath. Set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, whip the 3 whole eggs with 120 g of white sugar for 5 minutes. The eggs must become very light, frothy and triple in volume.
- Now add room temperature plain yogurt and incorporate it with a whisk.
- Add a pinch of salt and sifted flour and baking powder. Gently mix with a hand whisk.
- Add melted butter and chocolate, that should be cold by now, and mix in gently.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Moist apple and chocolate cake – baking time
- Peel the apples and remove the core. Cut into bite size pieces and add to the prepared mixture. Stir in from the bottom to the top with a spoon.
- Grease and lightly dust with flour your loaf pan or line it with baking paper. Pour the batter into the pan and level it with the spoon. Cover the surface with some chopped toasted hazelnuts.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 165 – 170 ° C for about an hour. Bake until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing the cake from its pan.
Serve once it cooled down and decorate, if you like, with some powdered sugar.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another simple and delicious cake, check out my Soft apple and cinnamon sheet cake (photo below).