Summer bean salad with hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes is an easy, quick, nutritious and healthy side dish. The union of seasonal tomato with (borlotti or cennellini) beans and hard-boiled eggs, combined with parsley leaves, green olives and a fresh vinaigrette is rich but at the same time light and fresh. Perfect both as a side dish and as a light dinner to prepare on the go during hot summer days.
Summer salad with beans, hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 handful of parsley leaves
- 1 can borlotti or cannellini beans
- ½ red onion
- 10-15 green olives in brine
- 1 large tomato or 10-12 cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp brown sugar or honey
- ½-¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp of coriander powder (optional)
Instructions summer salad with beans, hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes
- Put the eggs in a pot, cover them with water and put on heat. When the water comes to a boil you have to lower the heat slightly and set the timer for 7 minutes. After this time put your eggs immediately in cold water for about 5 minutes. This will stop the cooking process and make the eggs easier to peel.
- Vigorously mix oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar, coriander powder (optional) in a cup. Add crushed garlic and mix again.
- Cut the red onion into thin half-moons. Place both the onions and green olives in a bowl and cover with cold water for 5 minutes. In this way you will remove the excess salt from the olives and dilute the strong flavor of the onions.
- In a salad bowl, combine the drained and rinsed beans, chopped parsley and diced tomatoes. Peeled and cut into quarters your hard-boiled eggs and add them to the salad. Now add red onions and the chopped olives. In the end add the prepared sauce, mix and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipes for a fresh and light salad check my Fresh summer salad with mint and veggies (picture below) or Chickpea and sun-dried tomato lunch box salad (picture below).