This crispy mixed salad with raw Belgian endive and delicious orange dressing is a light vegetable side dish that you can enjoy at the end of winter and the beginning of spring. It is a mix of vegetables and fruit together with a delicious and fresh sauce prepared with freshly squeezed orange juice, honey, mustard and olive oil. Garnished with almonds and parmesan or grana pieces this salad can become both a side dish and a quick and light lunch.
Belgian endive salad with orange dressing
- 2 medium Belgian endives
- 4-6 radishes
- 1 apple
- parmesan or grana pieces to taste
- 1 handful almonds
- ½ orange (only the juice)
- ½ tsp honey
- ½ tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
Instructions Belgian endive salad with orange dressing
- To prepare this salad, wash, peel and core the apple. Wash the radishes and remove the tips. Take the endive and remove any bruised outer leaves. Cut away the slightly harder base.
- Using a very sharp knife or mandolin cutter, cut the endive into thin strips. Slice both the apple and radishes as thinly as possible and add them to the endive strips. Add the cheese pieces and a handful of chopped almonds.
- In a small cup or bowl mix the juice from half of a freshly squeezed orange, a pinch of salt, a spoonful of oil, half a teaspoon of mustard and half a teaspoon of honey. Mix everything vigorously to melt the honey and combine all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle your salad with freshly ground pepper to taste. Add the prepared sauce, mix and serve.
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Eat within the day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other recipe for a quick salad check my Viral Green Goddess salad (photo below) or Winter salad with pears, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese (photo below).