Today’s recipe is for dark chocolate yogurt muffins full of chocolate pieces. You can prepare them with your children and then put them in the oven and watch them rise and while your kitchen fills with a sweet scent. They are dense but soft, very fragrant and rich in pieces of dark or milk chocolate. They are without butter and the addition of yogurt makes them soft. You should try them with the addition of your favorite yogurt for a special aftertaste. This time we have decided to use vanilla yogurt but fruity or coconut ones are also delicious.
Dark chocolate yogurt muffins
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 240 g white sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 150 ml vegetable oil (I used mixed seed oil)
- 2 medium eggs
- 260 ml yogurt
- 4 tbsp dark chocolate powder
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g dark or milk chocolate for decoration
- a few teaspoons of sugar for decoration (optional)
Dark chocolate yogurt muffins instructions
- For this recipe I recommend using yogurt and eggs at room temperature.
- In the bowl mix oil with yogurt and eggs.
- In a second bowl sift flour, baking powder and dark cocoa powder. Add the sugar and a pinch of salt. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ones and mix together briefly with the hand whisk. Now add 100 g of coarsely chopped dark chocolate and mix again.
- Place the paper liners in the muffin pan. Fill them up to 3/4 of the way up with the prepared batter. For an extra sweet and slightly crunchy topping, sprinkle each muffin with some granulated sugar. Bake in the preheated static oven at 170 °C for 20 – 25 minutes. Use the toothpick test to check if they are done.
- Once baked remove from the oven and decorate each muffin with a few pieces of diced chocolate. Simply press them on the surface of the soft muffin. Remove them from the mold and let them cool completely before serving.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Keep covered at room temperature.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipes for easy muffins, I recommend my Ricotta and cinnamon apple muffins (photo below) or Soft mini lemon cakes with chocolate cream and berries (photo below).