I definitely recommend making this simple but delicious Green Goddess Salad with green cabbage, cucumbers and a simple homemade salad dressing! It’s a recipe that went viral some time ago and has become very popular in the digital world of Instagram, Tik Tok and YouTube. The secret of this salad lies in the simplicity of the ingredients which are cut super finely to create a vegetable side dish that is not only very tasty but with a delicious texture and crunchiness. To be used both as a vegetable side dish and as a condiment for sandwiches, tacos, wraps or simply to eat with potato chips or crackers.
Viral Green Goddess salad
- 1 small green cabbage
- 1-2 medium cucumbers
- 1 bunch of chives or green part of spring onions
- 5-6 spring onions (white part)
Salsa di Dea Verde
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (the juice)
- 1-2 tbsp apple cider vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1-2 cloves garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- small handfull of walnuts or almonds
- salt to taste
Instructions Green Goddess salad
- Chop the cabbage with a sharp knife or using the food processor with the blades until you have very very small pieces. They should be the size of confetti or rice. Place in a large bowl.
- Peel the cucumbers and cut them into 0.5 cm cubes. Also add the spring onions and chopped chives. If you don't have chives available you can use the most tender part of the green parts of spring onions.
- Prepare the sauce by blending together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, basil leaves and baby spinach. Add the chopped garlic, walnuts or almonds, enough salt (I used half a teaspoon) and the grated parmesan and blend again.
- Pour the sauce over the prepared salad and mix thoroughly. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to mix the ingredients well before serving.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and consume within a couple of days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other simple vegetable side dishes check my Easy creamy potato salad (photo below) or Summer salad with beans, hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes (photo below).