If you are looking for an idea for a healthy, easy and quick lunch, I would reccomend this delicious recipe for a winter salad with pears, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. You can use your favorite type of salad such as rocket salad or baby spinach. I decided to use a mix of arugula, green and red lettuce, romaine lettuce and baby spinach. The addition of creamy gorgonzola cheese adds depth of flavor, while the pear pieces add just the right sweetness. In addition, the walnut kernels and pomegranate seeds give crunchiness. Everything is served with a vinaigrette made of extra virgin olive oil, honey, mustard, vinegar. This mix creates a perfect sweet and sour dressing for this type of salad. This salad recipe is excellent both as a rich side dish and as a single first course to serve with a piece of hot focaccia.
Winter salad with pears, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese
- 100 g of mixed salad or rocket salad or baby spinach
- 1 – 2 pears
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of gorgonzola cheese
- 20 walnuts
- 1/4 – 1/2 pomegranate
Sweet and sour vinaigrette
- 30 – 40 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 large teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Instructions winter salad – salad with pears, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese
- In a cup or small bowl vigorously whisk oil, mustard, apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar and honey. Set aside.
- Wash and pat dry the salad of your choice. Divide it between two deep plates. Wash and dry the pears. Divide them into quarters and remove the core part. Slice them thinly and divide between plates. Add pomegranate seeds to taste and the walnut kernels. Add a few pieces of gorgonzola in a scattered way.
- Divide the prepared vinaigrette between the two dishes. Stir and serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another quick and easy salad recipe, check out my Chickpea salad with avocado dressing (photo below).