This raw carrot and beetroot salad with apple and mint is an easy, quick, super healthy and light, vegetarian side dish. With a few ingredients and a simple sauce made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a drop of honey and a pinch of salt you can create a salad that is not only rich in flavor but also super fresh. In addition, the mint leaves add a delicate aftertaste. This simple salad is perfect as easy side dish for garden barbecues and late summer dinners.
Beetroot and carrot salad with mint and apple
- 2 big carrots
- 1 big beetroot
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 5 big mint leaves
Beetroot and carrot salad with mint and apple instructions
- For this recipe I used a large beetroot harvested in my garden which means I used a raw beet root. If you don't have raw beets available, you can use those already cooked and skip the rinsing step.
- Using a mandolin with a blade that cuts into thin matches or a grater with a similar cut, cut the carrots and apple and place them in a large salad bowl. Cut the beetroot then rinse it under cold water 3-4 times to remove the excess red juice. Once rinsed add the beetroot to the carrots and the apple.
- Mix oil with salt and honey. Add the balsamic vinegar and mix again. Now add prepared sauce to the raw vegetables and also add chopped fresh mint leaves. Toss or stir to combine. Before serving, remove the excess juice created at the bottom of the salad bowl. Taste and adjust with more salt, oil or vinegar if necessary.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.