Peach and Italian burrata salad is a light and tasty summer dish. The sweet pairing of thinly sliced peaches together with the creaminess of the burrata, the freshness of the cucumber and the acidity of the vinaigrette creates a very flavorful, unusual but absolutely delicious pairing. It is prepared in a few minutes and is visually very pleasant as well as healthy and refreshing.
Peach and burrata summer salad
- 2 small Italian burrata cheese
- 2 medium ripe peaches
- 1 cucumber
- some basil leaves for garnish
- 4 big lettuce leaves
- 2 handfuls of homemade croutons
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon or honey mustard
- 4 basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small garlic clove (optional)
Instructions peach and burrata summer salad
- Cut the peaches in half. Remove the stone and divide into thin slices. Spread a few salad leaves, the peach slices and the very thin cucumber slices on the serving dish. To obtain thin and light slices of cucumber, use the potato peeler. Overlap the vegetables and fruit to create a messy but inviting dish. Finally add the two burrata. Meanwhile, proceed to prepare the sauce.
- Place few basil leaves, a quarter cup of olive oil in a blender. Add 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a teaspoon of mustard. Add some salt and pepper and a small clove of garlic. Blend everything until the sauce becomes smooth. Taste and adjust with more salt or add more olive oil to make the sauce more liquid.
- Sprinkle your salad with the prepared sauce. Complete with basil leaves and croutons and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.