Marinated raw carrot salad is a very simple side dish, a very easy recipe that is versatile, budget friendly and easily adaptable to different occasions such as family parties, barbecues or picnics. It’s a perfect year round side dish that is not only super easy but also quick, fresh and light. The carrots cut into very thin slices are quickly marinated in the mixture of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar, salt and grated zest of half a lemon. These carrots become soft, slightly tart and with the delicate citrus aftertaste. They go perfectly with different main courses such as grilled fish but are also vdelicious in burgers or veg sandwiches.
Raw carrot salad – quick marinated side dish
- 2 big carrots
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ organic lemon (only the zest)
Instructions raw carrot salad – quick marinated side dish
- In a bowl mix sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Add the zest of half a lemon and mix again.
- Take 2 large carrots. Wash and dry them and then remove the skin. Now with a potato peeler, a mandolin cutter or a very sharp knife cut many very thin and light slices. The slices must be really very thin, a few millilmeters at the most, to make them soft in the marinade.
- Dip them in the prepared liquid and mix gently to cover completely. Place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes (I recommend 30 minutes) to make them marinate quickly.
- Remove the carrots from the fridge. Place each strip on a serving plate leaving the excess liquid in the bowl. Now, if you like, sprinkle everything with chopped parsley and serve as a side dish or as a filling to burgers and sandwiches.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 2 days.
lot of love. B.