With the arrival of the summer heat there is nothing better than a nice fresh mixed salad with chickpeas and feta. It is rich in fresh flavors from cucumber and tomato and full of nutritious ingredients such as green olives, Greek feta cheese and chickpeas. This salad is perfect as a side dish or for a light and tasty summer main dish forrowed by a flat bread or naan.
Fresh mixed salad with chickpeas and feta
- 1 medium cucumber
- some lettuce leaves
- 1 can chickpeas
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 70 g green olives in olive oil
- 200 g feta cheese
- 0.5 apple
- 30 ml d’olio d’oliva
- 2 tbsp or less apple cider vinegar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
Instructions: Fresh mixed salad with chickpeas and feta
- Combine previously drained and rinsed chickpeas with green olives. Then add diced cucumber, tomatoes, apple and lettuce.
- Whisk olive oil with salt, pepper, oregano and apple vinegar. Pour over the salad and stir. Finally rinse your feta, pat it dry and dice it. Add the cheese into the salad and mix.
- Place in the refrigerator to let all the ingredients blend for at least 15 minutes and then serve.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for even more fresh summer salad you should check my Raw veggie and pineapple salad (picture below)