This mixed vegetables and pineapple salad is inspired by a typical Mexican recipe that is pico de gallo where a mixture of fresh and tasty vegetables including red onion, tomatoes and peppers (traditionally green peppers are used) create a flavourful mix that goes perfectly with fish and meat. The addition of fresh pineapple and lime juice create a fabulous sweet and sour salad / side dish to be added to fish tacos or next to seafood.
Raw veggie and pineapple salad
- 1 red bell pepper
- 0.5 red onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes or 1 tomato
- 1 slice about 1,5 cm high fresh pineapple
- 1 lime or lemon only the juice
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 pinch salt
Instructions mixed vegetables and pineapple salad
- Wash and pat dry your vegetables. Cut tomatoes and bell pepper in half and using a teaspoon remove the inner seeds and filaments.
- Cut all your vegetables and pineapple into small cubes.
- Mix everything, add lime juice, a big pinch of salt and mix again.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another fresh veggie salad recipe try my Millet tabbouleh – fresh and fragrant millet salad. (foto below).