Amazing and fragrant, hearty and intense, spiced vegan mushroom goulash with potatoes, carrots, and peas. Easy hot meal for cold evenings.
Vegan mushroom goulash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 0.5 tsp or more smoked paprika
- 0.25 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 0.25 tsp cumin seeds or ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 240 ml vegetable stock
- 300 g button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g potato
- 1 big carrot
- 60 ml red wine
- 210 g fine tomato pulp I used tomato made by Pomi
- 120 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
Instructions: Vegan mushroom goulash
- For this recipe I used fine tomato pulp made by Pomì.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add chopped onion and sage leaves and cook on medium – low fire for 2 – 3 minutes until the onion begins to become translucent.
- Add two types of paprika, chilli pepper, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir, cook for another minute and add 240 ml of vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, cover with lid and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool down slightly then blend everything with an immersion blender.
- In a large saucepan heat oil and add cleaned mushrooms cleaned that you have cut into 4 pieces. Cook over high heat, stirring rarely until they become golden.
- Add diced potatoes and sliced carrots and a pinch of salt. Cook stirring occasionally over medium heat for another 5 minutes to let the vegetables become golden brown.
- At this point add wine, stir, turn up the flame and cook for another 2 minutes. Add fine tomato pulp, the stock and previously prepared spice mixture.
- Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes become tender. Add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and frozen peas after first 5 minutes of cooking. The soy sauce will add to your vegan goulash a deep flavor that will add an extra touch to this dish. While cooking, taste it often and adjust with more salt and pepper if necessary.
- If the cooking liquid thickens to quickly, add more broth.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through and the liquid is thick and fragrant, turn off the heat and serve immediately.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another amazing and intense vegetarian meal you should check my favorite Roasted potato curry (foto below).