This potato curry is absolutely delicious. Prepared with a mix of spices such as turmeric, coriander, cumin and cardamom that combine perfectly with the coconut milk into delightful vegan sauce. Crispy potatoes cooked in the oven absorb the sauce and the curry becomes creamy and dense. A must try.
Roasted potato curry
- 1 kg potato
- olive oil salt, pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp about olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 10 cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric
- chili pepper flakes to taste
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 240 ml vegetable stock
- salt to taste
Instructions potato curry
- Wash and peel the potatoes then cut them into regular cubes. Place them in a bowl and season with some extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to cover them well then place on a baking tray and bake in a preheated static oven at 220 °C for about 30 minutes. Turn them over from time to time, so that they brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spices by emptying the cardamom pods and collecting the dark seeds in a pan together with coriander, cumin and chilli flakes. Toast for a few minutes, then put the spice mix into a mortar and grind them into fine powder.
- Peel onion and garlic cloves and chop them. Cook over medium / low heat in a pan with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil or, if you prefer, with coconut oil, until they become soft and slightly translucent. Add the mix of spices and turmeric and mix.
- Add a cup of vegetable stock and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Taste and adjust with salt if necessary.
- At this point add coconut milk, bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Now add potatoes into the sauce, which should be quite liquid, stir well and serve.
lot of love. B.
If you liked this recipe maybe you will be interested in another kind of curry: Dried fava bean and spinach dhal (foto below).