This soft and delicate lemon cupcakes decorated with mascarpone and blackberry cream is simple and delicious. The cream is made with fresh blackberries and it has a particular sweet and sour flavour, perfect for this type of cupcakes. The cream is quite thick and firm, perfect to be used with piping bag.
Lemon cupcakes with mascarpone and blackberry cream
- 250 g blackberries
- 8 g gelatin sheets
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp water
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 3 medium eggs
- 80 g melted butter
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 1 lemon only the juice
- 120 g white sugar
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Instructions: Lemon cupcakes with mascarpone and blackberry cream
- Soak gelatin in cold water for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cover your blackberries with sugar, add lemon juice and stir.
- Cook over medium – low heat until the fruit release the juice and begin to dissolve. Turn the heat off and blend with the immersion blender. Pass through a fine sieve to remove the seeds.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil again. Add 1 teaspoon of starch previously mixed with a tablespoon of water and stir to incorporate. Turn off the heat and add squeezed gelatine. Stir well to dissolve. Put everything aside to make it cool down completely then place in the refrigerator and wait until the mixture becomes of a consistency similar to a thick jam.
- Whip mascarpone cheese with electric whips for a few seconds to make it softer. Add blackberries and whip again until the cream is smooth. Place in the refrigerator until you use it to decorate your cupcakes. For this recipe you can also use other types of fruit such as blueberries, raspberries or strawberries. Depends on how much juices your fruit release you should adjust the amount of gelatin.
- Divide the eggs in two different bowls. Beat egg yolks with sugar for a couple of minutes until they become light and frothy.
- Add melted butter (lukewarm), lemon juice and lemon zest and stir. Add sifted flour and baking powder and stir in briefly. Beat the egg whites until stiff and incorporate them gently into the mixture by stiring them with a spoon from the bottom to the top.
- Put the paper liners in the muffin pan and fill them up to 3/4 in height with prepared batter. Bake in preheated static oven at 175 ° C for 20 to 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Once baked take them out of the oven and let them cool down completely.
- Decorate with prepared blackberry cream using a piping bag.
Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator.
lot of love. B.
p.s. if you are looking for another amazing recipe with blackberries check my Kefir namelaka cream tart with blackberry curd. (foto below)