Leek and mushroom puff pastry pie – simple and delicious. With a strong rustic flavor of champignon mushrooms, leek and pecorino cheese. Serve hot or cold as a vegetarian main dish or an appetizer.
Leek and mushroom puff pastry pie
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 1 leek white and light green parts
- 350 g champignon mushrooms I used mushrooms by Bioexpress
- 2 tbsp white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 70 g grated pecorino cheese
- 230 g puff pastry I used round one
- milk and black sesame seeds for garnish
Instructions: Leek and mushroom puff pastry pie
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add sliced leek and cook over medium – low heat for 3 – 4 minutes until the vegetable become tender and slightly transparent.
- Add sliced mushrooms, stir and cook over medium – high heat for another 6 minutes, stirring rarely to cook the mushrooms and being careful not to burn them. Towards the end of cooking add 2 tablespoons of white wine, salt and pepper and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and set aside for 10 minutes to let them cool down.
- Roll out the puff pastry onto baking paper. Add the mushroom filling and the grated pecorino cheese.
- Close the puff pastry into half-moon and seal the edges with a fork. Brush with some milk and create a couple of dimples on the surface to let the air come out during the cooking process. Place in the fridge while heating the oven.
- Heat the static oven to 200 °C together with the baking pan. Before moving the pie onto the hot baking pan decorate it with sesame seeds. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another delicious recipe for savory pie with puff pastry you should check my Savory strudel with broccoli rabe and potatoes.
In this recipe I used champignon mushrooms by Bioexpress. The products that I was given were fresh and fragrant.