Savory strudel with broccoli rabe and potatoes
An easy and quick recipe for a full of interesting flavours puff pastry savory strudel. Perfect combination of broccoli rabe, potatoes and smoked melted cheese. It can be prepared easily an in no time and to be served as a mine dish or as an appetizer.
Savory strudel with broccoli rabe and potatoes - puff pastry savory recipe idea.
- 300 g drained broccoli rabe (or fresh cleaned and blanched)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh chili pepper or ground chili pepper to taste
- 300 g boiled potatoes
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (round or rectangular)
- 100 g smoked medium hard cheese (I used smoked scamorza)
- some milk
- some salt
- Instructions below.
- If you have any questions about this recipe contact me in the comments below or on my social channels. If you have tried this recipe and would like to evaluate it, press the stars above or let me know me why you didn’t like it in the comments.
Instructions: Savory strudel with broccoli rabe and potatoes
For this recipe you must previously cook your potatoes (leftover boiled potatoes are perfect for this recipe) and drain your frozen broccoli rabe. If you use fresh broccoli rabe you need to clean them and blanch in salted boiling water.
Heat a tablespoon of oil. Add broccoli rabe, garlic clove, chilli (fresh or ground), a pinch of salt and cook in the pan to remove the excess water and make them more flavorful. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Roll out your puff pastry (I advise to remove it from the refrigerator 10 minutes before) and add your broccoli rabe (discard garlic and fresh chili).
Add boiled potatoes and diced cheese and fold the 2 outer sides of the puff pastry towards the center.
Fold the down part over and roll it all together to create your strudel.
Place on a baking sheet covered with baking paper with the closing part facing down and brush the roll with some milk. Cook in a preheated static oven at 200 °C for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
lot of love B.
p.s. If you love easy recipes with stuffed puff pastry you should also check my Leek and mushroom puff pastry pie.