For 2019 Nutella Day I decided to prepare these simple chocolate cupcakes with nutella cream cheese frosting. They are easy and quick to prepare but above all they are delicious. The cocoa cake is thick but soft. You can prepare it quickly by combining dry and wet ingredients. The frosting is composed of a few ingredients such as cream cheese and Nutella and it is perfect to be used with piping bag to create delicious decorations in cakes and cupcakes.
Nutella cream cheese frosting cupcakes
Nutella cream cheese frosting
- 250 g cream cheese
- 180 g Nutella or another type of hazelnut cream
- 30 g powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract optional
- 30 g dark cocoa powder
- 90 g all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 g of melted butter
- 90 ml milk at a room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt or kefir
- 4 tablespoons of hazelnut cream (about)
- 6 – 8 raspberries strawberries or chocolate decorations
Instructions nutella cream cheese frosting
- To decorate these cupcakes I used ball piping tip Ball Tube Swirl made by Silikomart.
- Put all the ingredients for the Nutella frosting in a bowl.
- Whisk briefly with the electric mixer at low speed until all the ingredients are combined. Put your frosting in the fridge to let it become more firm before using it with a piping bag.
Instructions chocolate cupcakes
- For this recipe milk and egg must be at room temperature.
- Sift dark cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking soda and sugar into a bowl. Stir and set aside.
- In the second bowl mix egg, vanilla extract, milk, yogurt (or kefir) and melted (warm not hot) butter.
- Unite dry ingredients with milk mixture. Stir briefly so that all the traces of flour disappear.
- Line your muffin pan with paper liners and fill up to 3/4 in height with the prepared batter.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 175 ° C for 20 to 25 minutes. Check the cooking with the toothpick after 20 minutes of baking. Remove from the pan to avoid condensation at the bottom of the cupcake and allow to cool down completely.
- Once cold, take a small piping tip (it doesn’t matter the shape that you use) and cut out a space in the center of the cupcake using the bottom of the piping tip. Otherwise you can use a small knife. Fill each space with half a teaspoon of Nutella.
- Decorate each cupcake with prepared nutella cream cheese frosting. If you use a ball piping tip like me close the hollow space in the middle with a fruit or with a chocolate decoration. Otherwise take a star piping tip and add more frosting.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
lot of love. B.
If you liked this recipe you should also try my: Moist, soft and creamy decadent chocolate cake