These basic crepes recipe is very versatile. Perfect with sweet toppings like caramel sauce, whipped cream or strawberries. Also amazing stuffed with savory filling like creamy goat cheese, salmon or veggies.
Basic crepes recipe
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- oil to brush the pan
Instructions: Basic crepes recipe
- In a bowl place flour, eggs, milk, oil and salt.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth. Let the batter rest 15 minutes at room temperature.
- If you like your crepes more thin add extra milk.
- Preheat the frying pan, lightly grease it with oil and helping yourself with a ladle pour in about 1/4 cup of the batter. Swirl and tilt the pan to create a thin, even layer. Cook the crepe until golden brown for about 2 – 3 minutes then flip it over and cook for another 30 seconds. Slide the crepe out of the pan and repeat the process with remaining batter.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like savory crepes maybe you should try my recipe for: Savory smoked cheese crepes.