The spinach and ricotta cannelloni are a classic traditional Italian stuffed pasta dish. Filled with delicate and tasty union of ricotta and spinach and baked in the oven, along with a generous layer of béchamel sauce, this recipe is a perfect meal for family dinners. You can find a great recipe for homemade Classic bechamel sauce right here on this website.
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni pasta
- 1 liter of Béchamel sauce
- 12 dried tubes cannelloni pasta
- 1 egg
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 500 g of fresh spinach
- 0.25 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch or more salt and pepper
Instructions: Spinach and ricotta cannelloni pasta
- Clean the spinach. Blanch it in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, drain and set aside to cool down. With your hands squeeze the spinach to eliminate the excess of water then chop roughly.
- In a bowl mix the spinach with ricotta, egg, salt and pepper.
- Take squared or rectangular baking tray and spread a layer of béchamel sauce on the bottom. Helping yourself with the handle of a fork or spoon fill about 12 dried cannelloni tubes until you have used all the stuffing and place them in the baking tray. Leave small gaps between the tubes.
- Cover the cannelloni with the rest of the sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Cover baking tray with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 200° C according to the manufacturer’s cooking time. Generally 25 – 35 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking for another 5 – 10 minutes until the surface is golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for another Italian oven baked pasta check my Easy and quick vegetarian lasagna. (foto below)