This vegetarian lasagna is easy and quick to prepare. The classic meat sauce is replaced by the red sauce with lentils. All accompanied by homemade bachamel sauce and melted cheese.
Easy and quick vegetarian lasagna
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 0.5 red onion
- 1 can lentils
- 500 ml tomato passata I used Italian Pomi passata
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- soy sauce to taste
- 250 g fresh lasagna noodles
- 200 g mixed cheese of your choice I used mozzarella and scamorza
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 500 ml bechamel sauce
Instructions: Easy and quick vegetarian lasagna
- For this recipe I used Pomì L + passata – tomato passata with 50% more lycopene. It turned out to be dense, fragrant and full of flavor. With an intense and bright red color.
- For this recipe I used previously prepared 500 ml of bechamel sauce. I used 50 grams of butter, 50 grams of flour and 500 ml of milk. The recipe for how to prepare the classic bechamel sauce can be found here.
- Heat your olive oil in a pan. Add onion, carrot and celery previously cut into small cubes. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add previously drained and rinsed lentils. Cook over medium heat for another minute or two while stirring continuously.
- Add tomato passata, bay leaf and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. Stir and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and does not become aromatic – about 10 minutes. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
- In a rectangular pan (35 x 20) add a layer of tomato sauce, cover with fresh lasagna sheets. Create the lasagna by alternating bechamel, lentil sauce, sliced cheese and pasta.
- Cover your lasagna with the rest of the bechamel and lentil sauce and add grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated static oven at 220 ° C following the manufacturer’s cooking times. In general 20 to 30 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and leave to cool down for at least 5 minutes before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like easy vegetarian recipes check my Vegetarian oven roasted stuffed bellpeppers and Chickpea and zucchini burger with sweet and sour sauce (foto below).