These quick and easy potato pancakes are not only crispy but also slightly spicy. The potatoes are grated and then mixed with a few ingredients such as fresh chili peppers, garlic and some onion. Together with potato starch they are cooked like a thin pancake decorated with sesame seeds and more chilli flakes. These pancakes become golden and crispy on the edges and slightly soft in the center. They are perfect as a warm vegetarian (or vegan), gluten-free lunch that remains full of flavour.
Spicy and crispy potato pancakes
- 600 g potatoes
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ medium onion
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh or dried spicy chili pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Instructions Spicy and crispy potato pancakes
- Peel the potatoes and grate them on a grater with small holes (not those that make them become pulp). Add a teaspoon of salt and two tablespoons of potato starch. Also add crushed garlic clove, half a chopped onion and fresh or dried spicy chilli pepper to taste. The quantity of chili pepper depends on personal tastes and resistance to spiciness.
- Mix everything well. Heat a non-stick pan and add a tablespoon of oil. Divide the prepared batter in two. Add the first half of the batter to the pan and use the back of the spoon to spread it and create a pancake, not too thick, about 20 cm wide. Cook your pancake over medium-low heat until golden brown and crispy underneath. Meanwhile, sprinkle it with sesame seeds and more fresh or dried chili pepper.
- Gently flip the pancake to the other side and continue cooking until it is golden on both sides.
- Continue in the same way with the second part of the batter to prepere the second pancake. Serve hot.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Serve immediately garnished with some sauces of your choice.
lot of love. B.