Super soft butter and lemon breakfast rolls. Delicate, slightly sweet and fragrant. Perfect for breakfast or for an afternoon snack.
Super soft butter and lemon breakfast rolls
- 450 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 or more organic lemons (only the zest)
- 250 ml milk
- 70 g butter I used Lurpak brand
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- some milk and butter
Instructions: Super soft butter and lemon breakfast rolls
- In a small pan put diced butter, milk, sugar and stir. Heat everything over low heat until the butter is completely melted. Turn off the heat and set aside to let it cool down slightly.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer with a dough hook put flour with a pinch of salt, lemon zest and active dry yeast. Add egg and start to knead. Gradually add lukewarm milk and knead by hand or in the mixer for about 10 minutes. The dough should be smooth yet sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until it doubles the volume. The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough and divide it into 12 similar pieces. Create small balls and place them in the rectangular baking pan covered with baking paper.
- Cover them with a cotton cloth and then let them rise for about an hour. Before baking brush your rolls with a some milk.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 175 °C for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with some melted butter.
- Remove from the pan and let them cool completely before serving.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love delicious and soft breakfast rolls you should also try my Soft buns with barley coffee.