This sweet and sour chutney is made with fresh pineapple, apples and ginger. Enriched with a mixture of 5 spice powder (fennel, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and star anise) this slightly spicy chutney is perfect with seasoned cheeses, fish and meat.
This amazing chutney is:
- easy to prepare
- sweet and sour
- super delicious
- perfect for brunch or for holidays
Sweet and sour chutney with pineapple and five spices
- 460 g fresh pineapple weight of peeled pineapple
- 2 apples me Golden Delicious
- 1 piece about 4 cm fresh ginger
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 50 g brown sugar
- fresh chilli pepper to taste
- 1 generous tsp 5 spice powder me Italian Cannamela powder
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 pinch salt
Instructions: Sweet and sour chutney with pineapple and five spices
- For this recipe I used 5 spices blend by Cannamela. This blend of Asian origin is perfect to prepare recipes with meat, fish, spicy vegetables but also to prepare cakes and desserts. The mixture consists of fennel, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and star anise.
- Peel the fruit and cut it into cubes. Use a teaspoon to peel the ginger and cut it in half. Put everything in a pot and add rest of the ingredients. Stir and turn the heat on.
- Cook over medium – low heat, without lid, until the fruit liquid reduces, the apples almost dissolve and the pineapple becomes tender (1 hour – 1 hour and 30 minutes). Remove the ginger. Let it cool down completely and keep it in the fridge for 5 to 6 days.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you love chutney you should absolutely check my other recipe which is my favourite chutney recipe: Caramelized onion and apple chutney.