Healthy, light and flavorful – these savory cabbage pancake is a must-try. You only need 4 ingredients to prepare them (5 if you need to grease the pan with some oil) and they are super simple and quick to prepare. They are also gluten-free. They are a hot lacto-vegetarian first course that I prepare several times during the winter time. You can garnish them to your liking with sweet and sour sauces (like Japanese cabbage pancake okonomiyaki), mayonnaise, tabasco or like me simply with chopped spring onions and hot pepper flakes. The recipe is very versatile and you can customize it by adding grated cheese, other vegetables such as carrots or zucchini or even olives and dried tomatoes.
Savory cabbage pancake with only 4 ingredients
- 300 g cabbage
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp potato or corn starch
- 1 tsp salt (ot to taste)
- olive oil for the pan (optional)
- ground pepper, chilli, grated cheese, carrots, courgettes or other (optional)
Instructions savory cabbage pancake with only 4 ingredients
- Finely chop the cabbage and remove any pieces that are too hard or inflexible.
- Place your vegetable in a bowl, add salt (I also added ground pepper) and two eggs. Mix carefully, then add two generous tablespoons of potato (or corn) starch and mix again. At this point you can add other ingredients to your liking.
- Pour some oil into a non-stick pan. Turn on the heat and preheat the pan. Pour in the batter with the cabbage and distribute evenly to create a pancake about 20 cm wide. Cover the pan with the lid, lower the heat and cook until your savory pancake turns golden on one side.
- Gently flip the pancake to the other side and continue cooking with the lid on until golden brown. Once ready, place it on a serving plate and garnish as desired with sauces or different toppings and serve immediately.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge and eat within few days.
lot of love. B.