Ferrero “Rocher” porridge is a sweet oatmeal with a delicious chocolate and hazelnut coating. The rolled oats are cooked until they become creamy and thick are later they are garnished with chocolate spread, such as Nutella, and some crunchy hazelnuts. All this yumminess is covered with a thin layer of yogurt and dark chocolate rich in chopped hazelnuts. An infinite goodness that can be served both for a delicious breakfast and as a dessert.
Chocolate and hazelnut Ferrero Rocher porridge
- 60 g rolled oats
- 250 ml (or more) vegetable hazelnut milk with or other type of milk
- 125 ml hazelnut yoghurt
- 2 tsp of hazelnut and chocolate spreadable cream (I used Nutella)
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 50 g toasted hazelnuts
- some toasted hazelnuts for the filling
Instructions Chocolate and hazelnut Ferrero Rocher porridge
- Pour the oatmeal into a small saucepan and cover with the hazelnut vegetable drink or another type of milk. Turn on the flame and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally and adjusting with more liquid if necessary, until your porridge has a creamy consistency. Cooking times depend on the brand of rolled oats used.
- Divide the porridge between two small bowls and let it cool slightly. Once it becomes lukewarm, add a teaspoon of chocolate spreadable cream (I use Nutella) and a few toasted hazelnuts to the center of each portion.
- Now divide the yogurt on top of the prepared oatmeal and spread it in a thin layer. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the chocolate coating.
- Coarsely chop the remaining hazelnuts. Use half of them for the chocolate coating and the other half for the decoration.
- Melt the dark chocolate over water bath or in the microwave. Add half of the chopped hazelnuts and mix well. Divide the melted chocolate between the two bowls with the oatmeal and gently spread evenly. Add other chopped hazelnuts for decoration and then place in the refrigerator to completely firm up the chocolate then serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 24 hours.
p.s. If you are looking for some other super delicious recipe for a homemade porridge I recommend my Creamy Tiramisu porridge with coffee (photo below) or Creamy and dense chocolate porridge (photo below).