This “Tiramisu” porridge is a creamy sweet oatmeal with a touch of coffee and a layer of vanilla yogurt and crumbled ladyfingers. When I say “tiramisu” I obviously mean that this sweet breakfast was inspired by the famous dessert. It’s actually much lighter and healthier as it’s rich in fiber and vegetable protein from oats mixed with all the goodness of yogurt and dark cocoa powder. The addition of espresso coffee and crumbled ladyfingers is the famous icing on the cake for this rich, nutritious and delicious porridge.
Creamy Tiramisu porridge with coffee
- 50-60 g oatmeal
- 220-250 ml milk or water
- 1 small cup espresso (about 40 ml or more)
- sweetener of choice to taste (I used 2 level teaspoons brown sugar)
- 2 vanilla yoghurt (2×125 ml)
- dark cocoa powder
Instructions Creamy Tiramisu porridge with coffee
- Pour the oatmeal into a small saucepan and cover with the milk or water. Add the expresso coffee and turn on the flame. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally and adjusting with more liquid if necessary, until your porridge has a creamy consistency. Cooking times depend on the brand of oats used.
- Taste your porridge and add sweetener to taste. Since I prefer my coffee bitter and the yogurt is already sweet, I added two small teaspoons of brown sugar.
- Divide the porridge between two small bowls and let it cool slightly. Once it becomes lukewarm, add some broken or crumbled pieces of ladyfingers.
- Now add the vanilla yogurt to completely cover the porridge and then dust everything with cocoa powder. Add a few more cookies for decoration and serve.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the refrigerator and eat within 24 hours.
lot of love. B.