Today’s recipe is for a soft, moist and delicious chocolate yogurt cake. The recipe is very easy and requires simple ingredients. The batter is super quick to prepare. It is important not to overmix the ingredients. The longer you mix, the firmer the batter will become. You can fill it with a cream or decorate it with chocolate ganache. I added several almonds to give it a little more crunch. This cake stays fresh for several days and is excellent for breakfast or a snack for for different occasions.
Soft and moist yogurt chocolate cake
- 240 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 40 g dark cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 120 g soft butter
- 160 g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 medium eggs at room temperature
- 250 g plain yogurt at room temperature
- 80 ml whipping cream
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g almonds
- dark or milk chocolate for the almonds
Instructions soft and moist yogurt chocolate cake
- For this recipe oll the ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk, using the electric mixer, butter with sugar for several minutes until it becomes clear and light. Add vanilla extract and the first egg and whisk until incorporated. Gradually add more eggs and finally the yogurt, whipping each time to make the batter light and uniform.
- Now add the dry ingredients and mix briefly with a spoon. Do not overmix the batter.
- Line the bottom of a 20-22 cm wide springform pan with a circle of baking paper. Grease the hinge with some butter and pour the prepared batter, then spread it evenly.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 160 – 170 ° C for 45 – 50 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Once baked take it out of the oven and let it cool completely.
- Heat the whipping cream in a small saucepan. Add chopped dark chocolate and stir to make it melt completely. Cover the cake with the prepared glaze.
- The almond decorations are prepared by dipping each almond in some melted chocolate and then dipping it in the crumbs of chopped almonds.
- Once you have decorated the cake you can serve it immediately with the glaze while it is still soft or wait a few hours until it becomes firm.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store at a room temperature.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for other recipes for a quick and easy chocolate cake check my Easy and soft chocolate and coconut sheet cake (picture below) and Soft chocolate and ricotta cake (picture below).