A simple and delicious raw zucchini appetizer. The soft filling of cream cheese acquires flavor thanks to the lemon juice and basil. The walnuts give some extra crunchiness creating a balance for the palate. The recipe has been adapted from Gordon Ramsey’s recipe. This cold appetizer is: easy and fast, fragrant, healthy, delicious, gluten free.
Raw zucchini rolls with cream cheese and nut filling
- 1 medium zucchini
- 150 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 handful of walnuts
Raw zucchini rolls with cream cheese and nut filling instructions
- In a bowl mix cheese with lemon juice, olive oil and freshly chopped basil. Add salt, pepper and a handful of chopped nuts previously roasted on a dry pan for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Rinse the zucchini and cut off the tips. With a potato peeler cut out long strips.
- Lie the strips on a cutting board. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Put approximately 1 teaspoon of cheese mix on each strip.
- Gently roll the zucchini strip over the cheese. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper, garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Store in the fridge and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like easy appetizers with vegetables you should also try my recipe for Salted radishes appetizer. (foto below)