This recipe for salted radishes appetizer was born while I was studing different ideas of Asian origin. This fast appetizer not only inspired me for its simplicity but above all for the preparation method. Raw radishes are sliced in a special and fun way and then immersed in salted water to change their texture. They are no longer hard, crunchy and spicy but they become softer and become appetizing. While it is normally difficult for me to eat more than three or four fresh radishes, after this procedure, I can easily make disappear about a dozen and ask if there are any more left. 😀 I highly recommend this delicious and fun vegetable appetizer.
Salted radishes appetizer
- 240 ml water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 radishes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Instructions salted radishes appetizer
- Wash your radishes and remove leaves and the tip of the root. Take a tablespoon and place it under a radish. Take a sharp knife and make slices that are close to each other. You need the spoon to stop the knife so that you don’t cut the radish all the way through.
- Flip your radish. Make more slices again, using the spoon as the base, but this time make them obliquely. In this way the radish will not be sliced but will remain compact and only sculpted.
- Put your radishes in a bowl where you have mixed a cup of water and a teaspoon of salt and let them rest for minimum 30 minutes.
- After this time, drain the radishes. Rinse them under cold water to remove extra salt.
- Mix oil, sugar and white wine vinegar in a bowl. Add sliced radishes, stir and serve.
Store in the refrigerator and serve as an easy and tasty vegetable appetizer.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like easy and healthy appetizers I think you should also try my recipe for: Spicy baked edamame – healthy and tasty snack. (foto below)