An excellent sweet tart with a velvety filling made with white chocolate and Italian mascarpone cheese. This creamy filling blends perfectly with the sweetness and acidity of black and blueberries. It should be prepared a day before and then assembled easily the next day. A must try! The creamy filling’s recipe comes from the very interesting Italian blog: La mia pasticceria moderna.
Mascarpone and white chocolate tart with black and blueberries
- 110 g cold butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 90 g powdered sugar
- 50 g almonds
- 1 medium egg
- 200 g cake flour
- lemon zest to taste
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 g gelatin sheets or powdered gelatin
- 220 g white chocolate
- 250 g room temperature mascarpone cheese
- mixed berries I used black and blueberries
Creamy mascarpone filling
- For the filling: soak gelatin sheets in cold water for 10 minutes. If you use powdered gelatin, add some cold water and let it swell for 10 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate over water bath or in microwave and set asside.
- Meanwhile bring the whipping cream, milk and honey to a boiling point. Squeeze gelatin sheets to get out extra moisture. Add the gelatin to the heated cream and mix well to make it melt completely. Pour hot milk over white chocolate (in 3 rounds) stirring well each time, then use your hand blender and blend it all for a couple of minutes. Gradually add mascarpone while still blending. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until it solidifies, for at least 8 hours, better all night.
Note from the author of this recipe
- While you are preparing your tart I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be delighted and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- Blend almonds. Combine sifted flour and icing sugar, a pinch of salt and blended almonds. Add diced cold butter and work flour together with butter until you get a sandy texture.
- Add egg and lemon zest. Knead briefly to mix all the ingredients. Create a dough ball, wrap it in a plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After this time, put the dough in the middle of 2 sheets of baking paper and roll it out to a thickness of 3 to 4 mm.
- Lightly grease and dust with flour your tart pan. Remove the upper baking paper then move the dough onto the pan leaving the other baking paper over it. Remove excess dough from the edge with a sharp knife. Cover the pan with another smaller pan or use dry beans (to be used only for this purpose) or ceramic balls and put it in the fridge for at least half an hour or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the static oven to 160 ° – 180 °C and bake the dough in the middle of 2 pans for about 15 minutes. Take out the crust from the ovent, remove baking tray from above, and cool thoroughly before removing baking paper.
Assembling mascarpone and white chocolate tart with black and blueberries
- The next day pick up chocolate and mascarpone cream from the fridge and whip it briefly for 1 minute with an electric mixer to make it more spreadable and lighter.
- Cover the crust base with the cream. Make it smooth and garnish with blackberries and blueberries.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store in the fridge.
lot of love. B.
p.s. I love this sweet tart very much but I also have another favorite: Bright white chocolate, mascarpone and lemon cream tart (photo below) or Lemon and strawberry curd tart (photo below). You should really try it.