These soft Christmas chocolate gianduia cookies with mixed spices are absolutely delicious. They are simple and quick, sweet and spicy, soft and with a rich covering of chopped chocolate. They are cookies with the addition of spreadable cream cheese in the batter which blends perfectly with Christmas flavors such as cinnamon, ginger or cardamom and with the irresistible taste of gianduia chocolate. Absolutely worth making.
Soft Christmas cookies with gianduia chocolate
- 150 g cream cheese
- 60 g soft butter
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 medium or large egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1-2 tsp mixed Christmas spices (see the instructions)
- 100 g gianduia chocolate
Instructions Soft Christmas cookies with gianduia chocolate
- For this recipe the butter and egg must be at room temperature.
- Prepare the Christmas spice mixture by mixing a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of powdered cardamom and a teaspoon of powdered ginger. You can also add nutmeg, powdered cloves, pepper or star anise to your liking. You can also use store bought blends or prepare your own mixed spices for mulled wine: https://foodohfood.it/en/sauce-and-condiments/condiments/homemade-mixed-spice-mulled-wine
- In a bowl, beat soft butter with cream cheese with an electric whisk until combined. Add egg and vanilla extract and whisk again until incorporated.
- Now add the sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Also add 1 to 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture you prepared. The spicy flavor of the cookies depends on your preferences. Mix everything with a spoon until there are no visible lumps. The batter will be dense and sticky but do not use more flour.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper. Wet your hands lightly with water and create about 18 balls of batter (wet your hands every time they become too sticky). Place the balls on the baking tray. Take the gianduia chocolate and chop it coarsely. Add some pieces on top of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated static oven at 180°C for 16 – 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and proceed in the same way with the remaining batter. Let cool completely before serving.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Store at room temperature in a closed container.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious recipes for Christmas desserts, check out my white chocolate, cinnamon, hazelnuts and rum Christmas cake (photo below) or Italian biscotti Cantucci with almonds and spices (photo below).