These soft cherry muffins are sweet and fragrant, quick and easy to prepare, moist and fluffy, they are just perfect muffins with fruit pieces. Their taste and delicate texture comes from the addition of a secret ingredient which is curdled milk. This makes them particularly soft and special. In addition, the recipe is super simple because it only takes two bowls and a fork to mix wet and dry ingredients. You don’t need to use electric whisks, melted butter, yogurt or cream but simple ingredients that we all have at home. You don’t even need any special kitchen tools except of course the muffin pan and paper liners.
Today I have prepared them with cherries but you can prepare these muffins with fresh or frozen blueberries or use other fruits such as strawberries or peaches. Or you can prepare them with chocolate chips or apples, cinnamon and with the addition of a crumble. I just add a sprinkle of granulated sugar which gives a fantastic crunchy and caramelized topping that matches perfectly with the mild fruit flavor.
The best soft cherry muffins
- 120 g cherries weight without pits
- 120 ml milk at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
- 1 medium egg
- 80 ml seed oil I used sunflower oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- white sugar for topping
Preparation of soft cherry muffins
- For this recipe all the ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Take the pits out from your cherries and divide them into four. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir milk with wine vinegar and set it aside to let it curdle for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift the baking powder with 200 g of all-purpose flour. Add a pinch of salt, then 120 g of sugar and stir.
- In the second bowl mix the oil with the curdled milk and an egg. If you like, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. You can find a super simple recipe for vanilla extract on this blog. It will make your muffins even more special but vanilla extract is optional.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix together briefly with a fork to get a very moist mixture. Now add the cherries and incorporate them gently.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Fluffy muffins with cherries – baking time
- Place the paper liners in the muffin pan. Fill them up to 3/4 in hight with the prepared batter or like me up to the rim of the liner. Sprinkle each muffin over the top with a teaspoon of white sugar. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 25 – 30 minutes. If you have filled the cups up to three quarters 25 minutes should be enough. Check if the muffins are ready with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Then allow them to cool completely before serving.
- These sweet treats are perfect for a snack or for a sweet breakfast.
You can keep them at room temperature for a couple of days covered with a cotton cloth.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you like this sweet recipe, how about trying my Easy strawberry and whipped cream cake (photo below).