This delicious heart shaped marble pound cake is sweet, buttery, rich and fragrant. A soft cake full of swirls between a light and cocoa batter. All decorated with milk chocolate to create a sweet breakfast or a delicious snack. Try it in the morning with a nice glass of steaming latte.
Heart shaped marble pound cake
- 220 g soft butter
- 180 g white sugar
- 5 room temperature eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100 g milk or dark chocolate
Instructions fot Heart shaped marble pound cake
- In a large bowl combine soft butter and sugar. Beat everything with an electric whisk until you have a light and fluffy mixture.
- Reduce the mixer speed and gradually add the eggs.
- At this point also add the salt and vanilla extract. Mix well and then divide the batter exactly in half.
- To create a light batter, add sifted flour and baking powder to your mix of eggs, butter and sugar. Mix using a hand whisk and set aside.
- To prepare a dark batter, sift flour with baking powder and cocoa power, and then add them to the second bowl with the eggs. Mix with a hand whisk and set aside.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
- For this recipe I used the Silikomart – BUCHE COEUR silicone mould. The mould has the following dimensions: 248 x 88 h80 mm and a volume of 1290 ml.
- Alternating the light batter with the chocolate one, pour them into the mould. Using a knife, swirl the batter randomly to create marble effect. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180°C for 40 – 50 minutes. Check the baking using the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake. Remove from the oven and let cool down completely.
- Once the cake is completely cold, remove it from the mould and decorate with the chocolate that you have melted over water bath or in the microwave. Once the chocolate is almost firm, serve.
Store covered at room temperature.
lot of love B.