These soft cauliflower, broccoli and parmesan cutlets are a quick and easy way to prepare a vegetable-based lunch or dinner. They are delicate, fluffy and melt in the mouth. They have a fantastic texture and delicious flavor. Delicious both hot and cold, they can become a vegetarian main course or a delicious side dish. I recommend them with a rich mixed salad with yogurt and lemon sauce.
Cauliflower and broccoli soft cutlets
- 360 g of cauliflower
- 230 g of broccoli
- ½ cup milk
- salt for cooking
- 3 spoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- breadcrumbs (I used 3 tablespoons + more for coating)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
Instructions soft cutlets of cauliflower, broccoli and parmesan
- In a large pot pour the water, half a glass of milk and add just some salt. Add the vegetables and boil the cauliflower and broccoli together until the cauliflower is tender (me 18 minutes). Don’t worry if the broccoli is slightly tougher. On the other hand, if you notice a really big difference in the texture, you have to take the cauliflower and continue cooking the broccoli until it becomes tender.
- Drain and let cool. In a jug of a blender equipped with blades, insert your vegetables and with a few pulsations divide everything into small pieces. Do not blend for to long or they will turn into a mash. If you don’t have a blender you can simply use a knife and chop everything on a large cutting board.
Note from the author of this recipe
- I just want to tell you that I really appreciate that you have decided to prepare my recipe. If you like it, I would be very happy and it could be a huge help for me if you follow me on my official social channel such as instagram where I publish every time a new recipe comes out. To become my follower just search for foodohfood in your instagram or click on this link: https://www.instagram.com/foodohfood/ and press Follow. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Barbara. ^_^
Fluffy broccoli cutlets – cooking time
- Add 3 generous tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. Now add salt, pepper to taste and add some breadcrumbs (I used 3 tablespoons). Taste and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary. Now add one whole egg. Mix and check the consistency of the batter which should be very soft but not too sticky. Add more breadcrumbs if necessary.
- With your hands create many small balls then press them lightly to create patties. Sprinkle each side with breadcrumbs and set aside. Continue until you have finished all the batter. Heat 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and cook your cutlets over medium-low heat for 5 – 6 at a time. They should become brown on both sides and be cooked on the inside. Remember that they will get harder once cold.
- Place on paper towel to remove excess oil and continue with the rest of the cutlets.
Serve immediately or set aside for later. Store in the fridge and eat within a day.
lot of love. B.
p.s. If you are looking for some other delicious vegetarian recipecheck my Greek yogurt and zucchini fritters with feta cheese (photo below) and Soft crustless zucchini pie (photo below).